13 May 2021
Top tips for adopting an eco-friendly practice – JAK Marketing, VNAM Blog
“At JAK Marketing we recognise that reducing the environmental impact of our activities is very important and we have successfully demonstrated this by achieving ISO 14001. This is the international standard for environmental management systems (EMS). This helps to control our environmental aspects, reduce the impact of the business, and ensure legal compliance.
Go Green in your practice one month at a time! Adopting an eco-friendly practice doesn’t have to be scary – one small change at a time can make a difference!
Our top 5 tips include.
- Replace all lightbulbs with eco-friendly light bulbs where possible and turn off equipment when not in use.
- Go digital– receive and send statements online and manage inhouse files and requests online.
- Reuse and recycle cardboard and plastic waste. Simple swaps like reusable water bottles and coffee cups greatly reduce cardboard and plastic waste.
- Purchase eco-friendly products from sustainable sources and consider re-usable products such as gowns, masks, drapes, water distillers and patient warming blankets.
- Consider car sharing, walking, or cycling to work.
JAK Marketing are proud sponsors of Veterinary Nurse Awareness Month and we are here to support you in all aspects and the diversity of your role. With that in mind we have developed a dedicated ThinkGreen product range, to help you easily identify environmentally friendly products. Every product within this category helps to reduce your practices environmental impact.
We are constantly striving to improve the Think Green range and welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please get in touch here with your comments! https://www.jakmarketing.co.uk/thinkgreen.”