All members have access to...
Join our community where you will be kept up-to-date on relevant industry news; continue to learn, and develop your education; network online and face-to-face with your peers; increase your professional knowledge; and share best practice.
Free online events & discounts for events tickets
100's of hours free as recorded lectures, webinars and podcasts
Legal Advice Helpline
Advice on employment law, financial matters, and many other issues
VNJ - Veterinary Nursing Journal
Receive the monthly journal + available online
Online Training Courses
Specialist modular courses and VN career pathways
Free mentoring scheme and eLearning module
Choose your membership
BVNA has a membership type to suit everyone who works in the veterinary industry or who is interested in the veterinary profession.
We offer flexible ways to pay membership fees: your options are to pay in monthly or quarterly instalments, or pay annually. This helps some members manage the membership payments more easily and make membership more affordable.
Remember, membership starts from as little as £3 per month.
The current package for members includes:
- Access to the VNJ print & online
- Access to grants – BVNAs Educational Bursary, Life-long Learner Bursary, and Kennel Club Bursary
- Free Mentoring Scheme and eLearning module
- Volunteering opportunities with BVNA as a student or full member on the Council
- Free membership webinars & all CPD in the portal
- Discounts on books at BSAVA, Elsevier and Taylor & Francis
- 24/7 HR & legal helpline – BMAS
- 25% discount on income protection
- Writing for the VNJ [also student section] with author-mentors for support
- Links to other veterinary professional and support organisations
- Discounts to attend BVNA online and in-person events
- Access to the members forum
For registered VNs
You need to be registered with the RCVS to join as a full member
For student VNs
Student membership is open to student veterinary nurses enrolled on a veterinary nursing vocational or degree course
Associate membership is open to those working in practice or associated fields including student and qualified ANA/VCAs, receptionists, practice support staff and industry supporters