1 May 2020
VNAM – Top Tips For Recording A Video
Here are some tips and hints on how to be confident to record a video:
- Use a smartphone to record – Always hold your phone in landscape mode to record and use two hands to hold it steady. You could also use a selfie-stick, or prop it up against something that won’t wobble
- Use Zoom or Skype or a similar platform and record using your webcam
- Lighting – Wherever possible, sit next to natural light, or use artificial light to light up your face
- Noise – Shut the windows, doors and turn off your phone. Make sure there is no background noise
- What to wear – Don’t overdo the make up and avoid patterns
- Prepare and practice – Write out what you want to say in your video and the order in which you want to say it. You could even sketch a story board! Don’t forget you can show examples of ‘how to’ do things as well
- Do as many recordings as you like until you’re happy with the final version
Once you’re happy, and if the video is for the competition, send us the video by email to email@example.com and we’ll upload it!
If you’re doing a short 1 minute video about ‘I Love Vet Nursing Because…’ then post it on our dedicated VNAM Facebook page, and on your own social media channels, quoting the hashtags #whatVNsdo, #VetNurses and #VNAM2020.